You are here
Books and Monographs
From Our Journals
ORNITHOLOGY BLOG PICK:
All About Birds
Pacific Coast Avifauna
Pacific Coast Avifauna is a monograph series that was published by the former COS from 1900-1974. A total of 36 volumes were published during that period. This series was superceded by Studies in Avian Biology. Volumes are available as free downloads from the Searchable Ornithological Research Archive.
- Grinnell, J. 1900. Birds of the Kotzebue Sound Region, Alaska.
- McGregor, R.C. 1901. A List of the Land Birds of Santa Cruz County, California.
- Grinnell, J. 1902. Check-List of California Birds.
- 4. Swarth, H.S. 1904. Birds of the Huachuca Mountains Arizona.
- Grinnell, J. 1909. A Bibliography of California Ornithology.
- Kaeding, H. B. 1909. Index To The Bulletin To The Cooper Ornithological Club, Volume I - 1899, And Its Continuation The Condor Volumes II-X 1900-1908
- Willet, G. 1912. Birds of the Pacific Slope of Southern California.
- Grinnell, J. 1912. A Systematic List of the Birds of California.
- Tyler, J.G. 1913. Some Birds of the Fresno District, California.
- Swarth, H.S. 1914. A Distributional List of the Birds of Arizona.
- Grinnell, J. 1915. A Distributional List of the Birds of California.
- Howell, A.B. 1917. Birds of the Islands off the Coast of SouthernCalifornia.
- Pemberton, J.R. 1919. Second Ten Year Index to the Condor Volumes XI-XX 1909-918.
- Saunders, A.A. 1921. A Distributional List of the Birds of Montana with Notes on the Migration and Nesting of the Better Known Species.
- Bailey, F.M. 1923. Birds Recorded from the Santa Rita Mountains in Southern Arizona.
- Grinnell, J. 1924. Bibliography of California Ornithology Second Installment to End of 1923.
- Brooks, A., and H.S. Swarth. 1925. A Distributional List of the Birds of British Columbia.
- Grinnell, J., and M.W. Wythe. 1927. Directory to the Bird-Life of the San Francisco Bay Region.
- Jewett, S.G., and I.N. Gabrielson. 1929. Birds of the Portland Area, Oregon.
- Willett, G. 1931. Third Ten Year Index to the Condor Volumes XXI-XXX 1919-1928.
- Willett, G. 1933. A Revised List of the Birds of Southwestern California.
- Swarth, H.S. 1934. Birds of Nunivak Island Alaska.
- Lindale, J.M. 1936. The Birds of Nevada.
- Van Rossem, A.J. 1936. Birds of the Charleston Mountains, Nevada.
- Linsdale, J.M. 1937. The Natural History of Magpies.
- Grinnell, J. 1939. Bibliography of California Ornithology Third Installment to end of 1938.
- Grinnell, J., and A.H. Miller. 1944. The Distribution of the Birds of California.
- Robertson, J.McB. 1947. Fourth Ten Year Index to the Condor Volumes XXX-XL 1929-1938.
- Friedmann, H., L. Griscom, and R.T. Moore. 1950. Distributional Check-List of the Birds of Mexico Part I.
- 1951. Fifth Ten Year Index to the Condor.
- Skutch, A.F. 1954. Life Histories of Central American Birds.
- Marshall, Jr., J.T. 1957. Birds of Pine-Oak Woodland in Southern Arizona and Adjacent Mexico.
- 1957. Distributional Check-List of the Birds of Mexico Part II.
- Skutch, A.F. 1960. Life Histories of Central American Birds II.
- Skutch, A.F. 1969. Life Histories of Central American Birds III.
- 1970. Sixth Ten Year Index to the Condor.
- Maher, W.J. 1974. Ecology of Pomarine, Parasitic, and Long-Tailed Jaegers in Northern Alaska.