You are here
From Our Journals
ORNITHOLOGY BLOG PICK:
All About Birds
Careers in Ornithology
A branch of zoology that focuses on the scientific study of birds
Ornithology is comprised of a variety of subdisciplines. Ornithologists may study anatomy, behavior, ecology, evolution, physiology, conservation, or other aspects of bird biology. Research may include field work in remote areas, specimen-based work in museum collections, digital analysis of sound recordings, and/or laboratory work to examine molecular variation. Whatever your interests, there are many opportunities to pursue a career in ornithology.
If you are uncertain about a career in ornithology, you can learn more about it through Citizen Science activities. There are many opportunities to get your feet wet and contribute data about birds.
- American Assoc. for the Advancement of Science Career Development »
- Guide to Graduate Studies in Ornithology in North America »
- Jobs and Internships »
- Ornithology Careers »
- Ornithological Jobs posted at Ornithology Exchange » (Note: keep an eye on the American Ornithology homepage for the latest job listings.)
- Ornithological Jobs posted by the Ornithological Societies of North America »
- World Database of Ph.D Opportunities »